Nowadays, laser treatment is one of the most reliable skin care methods in the market. Basically, a laser is a unique light source which is quite different from a light bulb or a flashlight. The word LASER stands for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Lasers are devices that produce a very narrow beam of light. This type of light is useful for lots of technologies and instruments. Laser technology was once applied for industrial purposes due to its high intensity electromagnetic radiation. However, researchers came across with developments and attempts to control its intensity. They employed the laser light beam to heal many skin problems. The lasers used for the very first time to improve the skin were Argon and carbon dioxide to treat benign vascular birthmarks such as port-wine stains and hemangiomas. During this process, experts emit a wavelength that improves skin beauty by interacting with different components of skin. Different skin problems like dark spots, wrinkles, and unwanted hairs demand different treatments.
Laser treatments are of a wide range dealing from acne to deep tattoo marks of skin. Here are different lasers indications for skin beauty and skin problems.
1. Laser Acne Scar Treatment: PicoWay Resolve laser is one of the best on the market for acne scars and related skin conditions. It is an extraordinarily fast laser that works by creating thermal injury in the skin to build collagen and elastin which fills in the scar tissue for skin tightening and an odd appearance. The benefit is that there is no downtime after the procedure and far less pain during the procedure. Depending on the severity of your acne scars, you’ll need only 2-6 treatments.
2. Laser Treatment for Wrinkles: For anti-aging (fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity), dermatologists advise Fraxel Laser facials. Non-ablative Fractional Lasers don’t destroy the epidermis (the outer layer of skin). The laser heat reaching into the dermis produces a thermal injury which stimulates collagen production to cover the fine lines and wrinkles. This provides a face lift effect by enhancing skin elasticity. It depends on the stage of skin aging, 4-8 sessions with touch-up treatments every 6-12 months are needed. The good news about Fraxel Lasers is; it is gentler on skin and cause less peeling and downtime than ablative lasers.
3. Rosacea Laser Treatment: GentleMax Pro laser is best to reduce the look of rosacea redness and dismiss veins on the cheeks or chin by a built-in cooling technology that protects the tissues surrounding the broken capillaries and spider. Minimally 2 and as many as 8 times needed as the severity.
4. Laser Treatment for Stretch Marks: To treat white stretch marks, the best laser skin treatment on the market is Fraxel Laser as it doesn’t destroy the epidermis (the outer layer of skin), by reducing both healing and downtime. The heat approaches deep into the dermis and creates a thermal injury which encourages cellular rejuvenation and stimulates collagen production to fill in the stretch Marks. Only 2-5 treatments are needed for complete removal of stretch marks.
5. Laser Treatment for Scars: In order to treat shallow, superficial scars, the ND:YAG laser is the best one. While for deep and thick scars a painful CO2 laser is an option. Recovery time is long and skin is most likely to peel off during the first 2 weeks after CO2 laser treatment. However, the prognosis is excellent. As it is difficult to get rid of a deep scar, skin resurfacing technique can help smooth the scar and make it much less noticeable, especially under makeup.
6. Laser Treatment for Dark Spots: IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, not a laser, is heralded as one of the best treatments for dark spots (hyperpigmentation) on the face. IPL sends high-intensity light in one direction but in many wavelengths which absorb skin’s pigment. The light energy converts into heat which triggers the skin to heal the area of hyperpigmentation and restore its tone and texture. Only 3-6 IPL treatments are sufficient to see optimal results.
7. Laser Sculpt Lipo Treatment: Laser liposuction is least-invasive, but it does require a knife and a bit more downtime than CoolSculpting or EmSculpt. In laser lipo, a small incision is made in the treated area to insert a tiny laser. The laser energy is aimed at the fat tissue to melt it. The laser is removed and a small tube called a cannula is inserted which sucks out the liquefied fat. 3-4 days are required to rest after the procedure and about 3 weeks before you can return to any strenuous activities.
8. Laser Tattoo Removal: The fastest, most effective laser tattoo removal is done by PicoWay laser. Basically, Tattoo ink is pigment placed under the skin in pieces too large for the body to dissolve. The laser bursts light 1 trillionth of a second in length. This fast speed pulverizes even the color pigment and body wash it away naturally. Results are immediate – and impressive.
9.laser Hair Removal: Lasers are also used to remove excessive and cosmetically disabling hairs due to hypertrichosis or hirsutism. It removes dark hair quickly, and it may take 3 to 6 months. Several treatment cycles are required with the spacing between treatments depending on the body area being treated.
Complications due to laser treatments are rare but the complaints of superficial burns, pigmentary changes and even scarring may occur. Increased growth of fine dark hair in untreated areas close to the treated ones has also been seen. Both increased and reduced localized sweating is also a problem.
As a conclusion we can say that laser treatments are very quick, less painful and have many benefits. They have improved the ways to enhance the skin beauty by solving my skin problems in efficient ways.
How to get an appointment for laser treatments for skin beauty in Lahore Pakistan?